- The next PCMRC Meeting is on August 9th, 2018 in South Bend at 6:00 pm at the Annex Building in the Commissioners Meeting Room.
- Draft Agenda – Subject to change –PCMRC Agenda 8-9-18
- The Wild Fish Conservancy will be giving a presentation on their Fish Trap Project at the monthly meeting above!!
MRC Summit Date – October 25-27, 2018. Location TBD
- To stay up to date on Washington’s Coastal Economy check out this site by Kevin Decker of Washington Sea Grant. https://wacoasteconomist.com/
- To check out events and meetings that the PCMRC has coming up please use this link. http://pacificcountymrc.com/my-calendar/
- Check out the link to watch the presentations from the 2017 and 2018 PCMRC Science Conferences. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFB5C59YUiWd4ELnzLKHiRQ
- The Grass Roots Garbage Gang hold 3 major beach cleanups a year: January, April & Annually July 5th For more information check out their website at http://ourbeach.org/
- Burrowing Shrimp Comments
Our Mission Statement:
“The Pacific County Marine Resource Committee serves as a steward for the marine and estuarine resources in our county by facilitating science based policies, research, and education that enhance the sustainability of the economy and ecology of our communities.”
Pacific County Marine Resource Committee (PCMRC) is one of four Coastal County Marine Resource Committees. Through the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife, the PCMRC is provided with grant funding to distribute to local group’s who create projects achieving the set benchmarks for this program. These benchmarks include projects pertaining to: Marine Habitats, Marine Life, Marine and Fresh Water Quality, Sound Science, Education and Outreach, and Coastal Communities.Through their activities, the PCMRC coordinates with diverse partners, supporting creative and action-oriented solutions, and providing a platform for education and outreach on local issues.
Photo Credit: Pat Schenk