- The next PCMRC Meeting is on March 12th, 2020 in Long Beach at 5:00 pm at the Pacific County Administration Building.
- SAVE THE DATE: May 16th, 2020 PCMRC Science Conference in Long Beach. RSVP here! https://www.eventbrite.com/e/96115051707
- The grant application for the 2019-2021 Biennium can be found here. 2019-21-PCMRC-RFPdocx
- To stay up to date on Washington’s Coastal Economy check out this site by Kevin Decker of Washington Sea Grant. https://wacoasteconomist.com/
- To check out events and meetings that the PCMRC has coming up please use this link. http://pacificcountymrc.com/my-calendar/
- The Grass Roots Garbage Gang holds 3 major beach cleanups a year: January, April & Annually July 5th For more information check out their website at http://ourbeach.org/
Our Mission Statement:
“The Pacific County Marine Resource Committee serves as a steward for the marine and estuarine resources in our county by facilitating science based policies, research, and education that enhance the sustainability of the economy and ecology of our communities.”
Pacific County Marine Resource Committee (PCMRC) is one of four Coastal County Marine Resource Committees. Through the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife, the PCMRC is provided with grant funding to distribute to local group’s who create projects achieving the set benchmarks for this program. These benchmarks include projects pertaining to: Marine Habitats, Marine Life, Marine and Fresh Water Quality, Sound Science, Education and Outreach, and Coastal Communities.Through their activities, the PCMRC coordinates with diverse partners, supporting creative and action-oriented solutions, and providing a platform for education and outreach on local issues.
Photo Credit: Pat Schenk